TX (Tomorrow Explored) is a Helsinki based group of software development companies. Our developers and designers are specialized in the domain of Web 3.0 and decentralised technologies as well Web 2.0 based, more traditional style of systems. TX is now reinforcing one of its teams with a DevOps-oriented member!
As DevOps Specialist you’re part of one of our teams focusing mostly on customer projects. Our team serves multiple customers, like successful virtual mobile operator Moi or disruptive Streamr project, building a world-first decentralised pub-sub network. As a member of our team, you’ll make sure your 10+ developer colleagues can do their jobs as smoothly as possible, and are not hindered or having to fight with tooling, setups or environments. You’ll also work your magic to improve the QA side of things, setting up monitoring of production environments and making sure developers get notified and have the best possible information to react appropriately when issues pop up. But please keep in mind it’s not just setting and maintaining CI/CD pipelines. You’ll also be participating in architectural planning when we set up new projects. Depending on your interests and experience, you can also work as a developer besides DevOps stuff.
There’s plenty of room for improvement so you can really affect the tools, environments and processes we use. We dig AWS, but like in every matter, we are technology agnostics. You can freely pick the best tool for each job, roll your own scripts and tools if necessary. In daily life, you first roll up your sleeves and get things up and running to a great baseline. Another important part is to empower others by teaching them how to use the mechanisms you’ve created.
Here is our wish list but you don’t have to have previous DevOps experience. If you are a seasoned software developer, you can grow to the role with us.
- You have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering
- You’re familiar with AWS or a similar platform at least on the concept level
- You know your way around Docker and Docker Compose
- You’ve set up CI, monitoring and alerting pipelines before, or at least you know the concepts
- You’re comfortable with the Linux command line
- You have experience automating, developing automation infrastructure, writing scripts
- Desire and capability to work directly in the client interface if needed
- Fluent English or Finnish
We offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be part of a group where the paradigm of decentralisation is part of our DNA
- Freedom and flexibility in exchange to responsibility
- A learning-friendly environment
- An approachable team
Sounds like you? Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents.
You can familiarize yourself with TX here: https://tx.company/.